In many ways, it seems just a few months ago that we were on a plane, flying home from a trip to Florida to help our dear friend John celebrate his 80th birthday in the first quarter of the year, not eight months ago, and here we are in the final quarter of the year. A year of such upheaval, such anxiety, and such change, a lot that is positive.
So here is my list for the final quarter, which I will post on Instagram as per the new rules for this year.
1. The damn beanie - it's been on Q2 and Q3, but I actually did make some good progress on it in the past quarter, so it's an imminent finish finally.
2. Pumpkin quilt
3. Longarm cover
4. Medallion quilt
5. Nature-themed quilt
6. Christmas runner for Etsy
7. Another make-up mat
8. Arrows quilt
9. Ringle & Kerr RSC project 1
10. T-shirt quilt
11. Black scraps box
12. Secret sewing quilt for a magazine
13. Publish one more pattern
14. Quilt for Michele
Only eleven items this time. (see below why it appears I cannot count...)
I had no less than 17 on the Q3 list. How did I do on that list? I've provided the quilt name and link for those I finished.
1. Beanie - see above
2. Arrow quilt - nope
3. AccuQuilt Runner/tabletopper - Antarctic Tiles
4. Quilt using Studio 180 Design tool - A Positive Spin
5. Backpack - Back At Ya
6. Meadow Mystery - Champs et Lacs
7. Turquoise quilt for a special teacher - Still Waters
8. Toiletries pouch for Brady - see below
9. Makeup mat for Brianne - both of these are in this post
10. Christmas quilt for Benartex - Shine! (I even published the pattern for it as well, click here!) It's a twin size. Here it is on our queen-size bed:
11. Two cat mats - here
12. Benartex quilt for an upcoming zine. Done; thought the zine would be out by now.
13. Dark blue scraps sorting box - here
14. Sweet Star Quilt - Summer Stars
15. Placemats for Etsy shop - nope
16. Runner for Etsy shop - Fall Runner
So in summary, I completed 13/16 = 81.25% I believe that is the best yet.
I've been more conservative for Q4, ha, but wanna know a secret? While writing this post, I added in three more projects! 😂The magazine quilt I'd forgotten about, but not the other two in the final three! I'm being more conservative because Christmas is in this quarter, and there may be a project or two I am not mentioning on here, and I may be leaving room for a squirrel or two. 😉
Update: And then 3/4 of a day after publishing, I remembered the Quilt for Michele I want to do, so added that in too... Watch I'll have 16 again by the October 18th deadline...lol