1. I really do love Craftsy. Yes, I'm an affiliate, but I wouldn't promote anything I didn't buy, or really like myself. I love Angela Walters, no secret there, and her latest video is once again, terrific. This time she's paper-piecing! And it's her own design. Here's the video:
2. You know I love Craftsy classes, and own many. This weekend, beginning tomorrow, in celebration of Spring, all their classes are on for $19.99! That is SUCH a great deal, owning that class for life. I can tell you from personal experience that Angela's Craftsy classes come a very close second to her real life classes; she is every bit as funny and personable, and educational, as she is when she's in the flesh and blood. Did you know there are many many free classes on Craftsy? From knitting, to woodworking, drawing to baking, and the 2017 Craftsy block of the month quilt! Just think, you can do this quilt along with Nancy, but use your own fabric! Shh! Don't tell.
3. I like pre-scheduling posts! This has been a lifesaver as we settle into our new home. My Freefall QAL, DrEAMi! are just a couple of the few, including most of this one, that I've prescheduled. I am waaay behind in responding to comments, but I will get there, I promise. I'm so pleased to see that 130 downloads of steps 1 and 2 in PDF format from my Craftsy store have occurred so far. Wow. The next linkup is Monday, of your first 8 blocks.
4. I love good friends like Tish, for many reasons, but one recent one is for linking up posts when I am unable to. Thank you my sweet friend, mwah!
5. I love learning and educating myself about new things. One is a knitting show on Craftsy. This latest episode shows how to cable without using a cable needle! It also shows some beautiful merino yarn, and a great pattern for a cowl.
6. I love Spring. The rebirth, the hope, the promise...
|Those hardy, oft-hated, but such bright happy dandelions! Daffodils are starting to bloom too!|
|I first noticed these buds on the tree outside my sewing room window the day we moved in.|
7. I love the smell of the colour green, the fresh smell of new grass, the wet, earthy smell of Spring.
8. I love history. HIstorical fiction, like the current book I'm reading, New York. It is very good so far.
9. History before my eyes. History repurposed.
|This is just one of the old railroad markers along the repurposed railroad bed in Essex County, which is now a 50-km long walking/biking/horseback riding trail, known officially as the Chrysler Canada Greenway.|
10. Finally, I like British TV. A new-to-us series is 'Happy Valley', on Netflix, recommended by both my mum and neighbours in Florida, who hail from Duluth. It is a bit terrifying and disturbing to me, but intense with excellent acting. Of course, the lovely Sarah Lancashire, who MacGyver quite likes, is the main lead, a police sergeant.
I will be connecting with LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color this week. If you'd like to read more I Like/Love posts head over there where she does her own, and points you to a few of us in QBL who join her.
Have a wonderful Thursday on this beautiful blue/green planet.