|Postcard from Sweden designed and made by Kelly Liddle of Jeli Quilts - used with permission|
Last year Myra at Busy Hands Quilts ran a quilt along to make this quilt, breaking up the construction process into steps over the course of several weeks, and presto! a finished quilt before you know it, fitted in amongst your other projects. I wasn't able to participate last year, but a few of my friends and I were bemoaning that fact, and I said, "Well in a few months, let's do our own quilt along."
So we are. I'm hosting. Julie of Pink Doxies is in, as is Helen of Midget Gem Quilts. Would you like to join? Absolutely no deadlines, just guidelines, and perhaps a draw for a prize at the end for finished quilts or tops, which might help get my butt in gear to get a couple more of my patterns published and in my Craftsy and Etsy stores, ha! More on that later; the main prize is you get that quilt made, right?
Here are the dates we've agreed upon:
- February 14 - Step 1: Gather your fabrics, cut your HSTs, and pair them.
- February 28 - Step 2: Make the HSTs; press and trim. Progress link up for HSTs step.
- March 14 - Step 3: Assemble top. Progress link up for sewing the HSTs.
- March 28 - Link Up for finished flimsy
- April 18 - finished quilts or tops parade. Final link up and draw for prizes!
Pretty low-key, right?
Hope you'll consider joining us!
Cooking Up Quilts