It was fun to make, even though the directions were fairly ambiguous.
|The back, which looks pretty cool too - I need to sign and date it|
Each shell is double-sided, and has warm 'n natural batting between the layers. Lots of satin-stitching was done on each shell. No satin-stitching on the sharks' teeth, which I made all black, as that is how they look, that or a dark grey. The pattern had them grey tips with black roots. I have found a couple of real ones on Manasota Key, not far from here. They are fossils, don't get excited.
Trying to get some more daylight on it, as well as a straight-on shot. This is another of my goals for the first quarter finish-along at On the Windy Side. Of the 8 on my list, I now have just 2 left!
Size: 48" X 19" approximately
Pattern: Shell Runner by Cracker Country Creations
Fabric: batiks plus one marbled fabric for the sharks' teeth
Warm 'n Natural batting scraps
Threads: pieced with Gutermann and Aurifil, satin-stitched with Sulky rayons and one Mettler polyester, oh, and one Sulky Blendables
Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict and TGIFF.