Next Step Quilt Designs. I look forward to each Tuesday when I get their newsletter delivered to my inbox with three more 6" quilt blocks.
2. I am so grateful to all the generous souls who put out free stuff in the form of tips, tutorials, giveaways and patterns. This 150 Canadian Women is one. Connecting Threads is another. (no affiliation)
Knotty Travel Tissue holders, so cute! So quick and easy. And giveaways. I haven't won anything in a long time, but this week I was informed that I won, fair and square, by Rafflecopter, the Henry Glass Fabrics giveaway!
Update: Eeep! Got home from yoga and it was already HERE! A cute panel and 4 yards of fabric.
|That's a Christmas Stack 'n Whack quilt peeking out from underneath, SnW block, my own layout.|
3. Here's a tip for you from me! I love giving little "Aha! Moment" tips; there's a link to several on my Tips and Tutorials tab.
|From left to right: completed 2.5" HST; one 2.5" square cut in half which will NOT, repeat, NOT work; the right way to cut a triangle from a 2.5" strip which you see on the far right.|
Here is what a 2.5" strip would look like with two of these babies lined up on it:
See how they are offset, and because you've pre-trimmed off the dog ear, you can now fit the triangle onto a 2.5" strip and still come out with a 2.5" HST?! Cool.
4. I love being able to go to the beach, listen to the waves, the birds, smell the air, feel the sand, look for shells, shark teeth (fossils) and (new to me this year) coral. Last week I went with some friends at dawn. My good friend Nancy was telling me about an artist who lives in Nokomis, who walks the beach and will toss the odd shell upon which she's painted a tiny scene. On the shell's reverse is a message and her signature. Sometimes you find them at random, other times she's tossed one for you to hopefully find, if your eyes are peeled, directly in your path. Such was my luck that morning.
I was beyond tickled! Not too many steps further along, we both spotted another, and Nancy was kind enough to let me keep it.
|I set this one on a piece of coral that I, or one of my friends, had found|
|Isn't that such a whimsical, generous, and yes, inspirational thing to do?!|
5. I love flowers, although the garden guru in our family is really MacGyver. I do help and sometimes am allowed to do my own thing. These came the other day, such intense reds, and even some rich pinks here and there against the cream and whites, much like my 150 CA Women quilt. I didn't realize until I got home and was cleaning my finds, that this black rock is a heart shape. 😍
6. We were given another incredible plant, this one a
7. I love my Bella, despite her aloof air with pretty much everyone except me. I love how she loves to be in photos, especially photos of quilt stuff. I also love this snow lady my mum gave me a few Christmases ago. She stands on our kitchen table, looking like she's just done a twirl.
10. I love yoga. 🙏 And that's where I'm headed right now!
11. WAIT!! Hold the phone! I love Angela Walters. Did you check out her latest YouTube Midnight Quilt Show?
If you'd like to read more inspirational, grateful posts, head over to
Not Afraid of Color