|Always seems to be an animal in my quilt pics. . .|
|Animal. . . or two!|
And here is the finished bag!
Sooo cute! The only problem was I didn't have a D-ring, nor did I have the right size of zipper. After 45 minutes of searching for both a D-ring and a zipper, I gave up. However with the zipper fabric stops (tabs) Julie has you do, my 18" zipper became an 11" one in no time. And when I was making supper, I opened the utensil drawer, and saw Bella's laser mouse pointer, with this slip ring on the end! Voilà! I love the pull tab!
This is a great tutorial. My only problem was that my zipper fabric stops got kind of crunched and do not lie flat. I ripped and redid one, to no improvement. I must be missing something when you sew the entire bag around the edges, as I cannot seem to get the tab to lie flat. I had a similar issue with the Ellie bag from Fabric Mutt.
I quilted it on my Bernina with Sulky Blendables 30 wt in a soft variegated pastel run of colours. How I love that thread. If you try it, just remember to back off your upper tension and use a Topstitch 90 needle. I will definitely be making more of these in different sizes. Gifts!
|Leftover yellow fabric from Floral Dreams for the lining|
I've used motifs from a few different designers here: Leah Day, Angela Walters, Kathy Sandbach, and Cheryl Malkowski. I need to get this one finished for A Lovely Year of Finishes!