Here's my list for the first quarter:
1. This is where it sits, here in Florida, off Avril, the Avanté, and needing to be finished on my Bernina. This is all you will see right now as Dayna wants to be surprised, and she reads the blog. Hoping I can marry the quilting from two totally different machines.
2. I've wanted to do a Valentine-themed project since last year. I had a brainwave on my morning walk today with Rocco about some minis. All I brought with me for scraps were my Ziploc bags of smallish ones (oh for my nine 3-drawer sets of Sterilite drawers scraps!!!) but I think I can make these work. I'm thinking X and O patterns. Coasters for starters. Maybe a wallhanging or table topper as well.
|Cheryl's Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs)|
4. This got a healthy start on the quilting down here on my Bernina last winter, and then sat in its bag all summer. I seriously need to finish this.
|Brrrr! Park quilt|
5. Bought this gorgeous Windham fabrics "Tidal Lace" to make pillowcases for here. I am stumped by the ombré, as I did not realize it went from the gorgeous aquas to the pinks/corals, and I love the lacy edges, so want to incorporate them... I don't have enough to make two pillowcases as just a sack for each pillow. I spent some time last night sketching, and then looking through APQ pillowcase patterns. I also want to use the leftovers (how can there be leftovers, you ask, if you don't even have enough to make sack-style pillowcases?) to make a pretty cushion cover for the ugly brown cushion you see...HEY! Rocco photobombed this (again)...ha, didn't even see that until I inserted the photo and was writing about the cushion.
|What in the world?|
6. I need to do some dot to dot on these as I did on the other four, and put them to use!
|Placemats I designed for Angela Walters' Dot to Dot class I took with her in person last April|
7. I made this last spring when I was making the pattern for Dayna's grad quilt. I want to turn it into a cushion cover to go with her quilt.
|Shadowed Star test block|