1. I like Mozart. His symphony #38 in particular is a favourite. As soon as its melody penetrates my brain, I start head-bobbing conductor-style and rocking out, thinking, 'Oh I just LOVE this! What is it?' and yup, it's his Symphony #38.
2. I like giving quilts to people I care about, and when I get a photo of them in use at their home, it is such a rush. My heart and my brain, well, my entire being, just hums. Outside of my mum's photo, I got these pictures within the last couple of months, two within the past couple of weeks!
3a. I like my calendar my friend Helen sent me. I turn a page over each Sunday and pause to read the quote and gaze at another of her incredible paintings. This is an especially good quote for this week with another tragedy in Canada, this time in Toronto.
|A glimpse of MacGyver's garage there, almost completely sided!|
4. I love the Gulf of Mexico. I love sand dollars. I love Lido Key and its white-like-snow beaches. On a recent, not-exactly-planned sojourn (yup an extra one) there, on a must-do beach walk, this one showed itself to my not-exactly-shell-hunting eyes.
|A poignant find, a bit of a farewell, see you next time, to my mind.|
5. I like free fabric. More than that, I love the power of social media, and that, hard as it can be at the time, the good that can come from a loss.
Preeti's good friend, Angel, died recently, much too young. Preeti's online friend Amy, had had a baby boy who has multiple medical issues and just before Angel's death, Preeti had emailed Amy for news, because Amy hadn't shared anything in some time. I believe on the day or day after Angel's death (correct me if I'm wrong, Preeti) she heard back from Amy. This triggered her to check the Go Fund Me campaign for little Axel, and when she saw that it still had a ways to go, to take action. And did she come through! Axel's Go Fund Me hit its target and is still climbing, thanks to Preeti putting out the word to a few bloggers, one in particular, named Bonnie Hunter, and those bloggers putting out the word... We CAN make a difference by being united and committed. I love the young people's commitment and passion and united front as young people, no labels, as they fight for better gun laws in America. That has all come about through the power of, and the good to be found in, social media.
6. I like ezines, and once I get a new iPad (mine is six years old and hasn't updated for two years, and is starting to cough and choke and wheeze) I plan to load them onto it for easier reading than on my laptop. I won a 6-month subscription in Leanne's #springintocolour2018 challenge to Make Modern. I already bought an issue and quite like it, so I'm excited for the new issues! Because of #4, where I didn't have regular Internet access, I didn't get all the photos posted before the challenge ended, but I finally did as of this week. It was fun and a good exercise to make me really think about colour. The photo of my Postcard from Sweden quilt below is the one I used for Rainbow, the last challenge.
7. I like thoughtful, cost-nothing gifts. I think this came from my friend Laura a while ago, and I keep meaning to share it, and keep forgetting. I also keep meaning to continue my beloved Singer ladies' stories, but there's always other pressing deadlines to meet! And I don't always meet all the deadlines. See #6.
8. I like companies who stand behind their products. For those who have read this blog for a while, you know how much I love my little Steamfast iron I bought from Craftsy a couple of years ago. Well, about a month ago, while using it (and I've used it so much that I wore down the grey rubber grip!) it suddenly sparked and smoked where the cord starts to enter the unit. I quickly unplugged it, and removed it from my pressing area. I wrote to Craftsy, who directed me to the company from whom they buy these irons. Within four hours, yes, hours, I had a response from Steamfast, aka Vornado Air, telling me what to do so that they could send me a replacement. Here it is below, arriving in record time.
affiliate link to Craftsy for one.
9. I love Spring. Even though April could possibly be the coldest on record in our area since they started keeping records in 1860, the lilacs have buds on them, the daffodils, crocus, violets are all bursting forth with the past few days of warmer temperatures. Even a worm made me happy last weekend.
|Wood violets random throughout our lawn, Narcissus?--tiny daffodils under one of our trees, and wild or volunteer crocus.|
Speaking of giveaways, be sure to check out my previous post for the list of wonderful prizes offered by my generous sponsors for the Plus Playtime QAL which starts next Tuesday with fabric selection and tips!
@handmade_habit, but wow, has it been both inspiring and eye-opening as to the wealth of shops we have here, both bricks and mortar and online. On their feature day, each shop has a percentage off coupon and many are hosting giveaways too. The two Canadian shops that have made kits for my QAL😍😍 have 10% off coupons which you can use when you order your kit! I'm not affiliated with either of them, just passing along savings to you, my readers, when I can!
**Clinton Modern Creative has 10% off your order from today through the end of Saturday with the code SHOPHOP. They are the shop with two kits to choose from.
**Mad About Patchwork is also offering 10% off orders from now until April 30 with the code GCHS10.
Sidenote: for my American readers, your dollar is worth about 10 Canadian ones right now LOL...
I will be linking up with LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for her weekly linky party, where you may read others' likes/loves!