The goal of the 7th annual New Quilt Bloggers Hop is to provide advice, tech help, and to introduce new quilters to the community. If you are a new quilt blogger, and are considering participating, you may not believe this now, but the best part of the New Quilt Bloggers Hop is the participants; in other words, you are the best part of the blog hop!
|Quilt Retreat in 2016 at Julie's (Pink Doxies)|
|Shopping with the gang! Dave the Quilt Engineer, Tish 'n Wonderland, moi, Teri, Beth@Cooking Up Quilts, Jennifer@Inquiring Quilter, Julie@Pink Doxies|
|Meeting up at Tim Horton's 😊 in Tillsonburg ON with Cindy@Stitchin at Home in 2017|
|Hangin' out with Julie again in Fort Myers FL in 2017|
2018 New Quilt Bloggers Participation / Sign-up CriteriaThe technical criteria to participate in the 2018 New Quilt Bloggers Hop is as follows:
- If you have been blogging mainly about quilting, (this is, after all, the New QUILT Bloggers Hop), 😇
- for more than 2 months and less than 3 years,
- writing at least 4 posts a month,
- are willing to agree to be actively involved in the blog hop through visiting and commenting on other bloggers' hop posts
- and are willing to participate in the group discussions by signing up to join Slack (available for desktop and as an app for mobile devices).
Please indicate your interest in joining by filling out the registration form by clicking the link or by using the form below:
- Note that after you indicate your interest by filling out the registration form, you will not receive email confirmation until the beginning of March at the earliest.
- We will accept 100 participants for the blog hop this year. The sign-up form will be available until February 28, 2018, or until we reach 100 participants.
- Participation in the blog hop will consist of a significant time commitment. We believe that the more time you dedicate to the blog hop, the more you will get out of it.
- Tentative Schedule
- Early March: Welcome participants via email and get everyone into the Slack group to facilitate and begin the conversations.
- March: Get to know one another through a series of weekly planned prompts through the Slack group.
- March: Optional structured blog critique groups will be conducted.
- April (first half) 2 weeks of blog hop
- May (second half) 2 weeks of blog hop
- The hop will run over April and May with a break between the two halves of the hop, as we anticipate introducing a lot of new quilt blogs!
Looking for ways to participate?
If you are an alumni or blogger who has been active for longer than three years, we would love to have you share information about this year's New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop so that as many new bloggers as possible can be exposed to this opportunity. We would also love to grow our List of Advice for New Bloggers posts. If you have previously written something or would like to write a post that we can link to about anything you wish you had known earlier in your blogging adventure, please contact me, or any of the co-hosts, by leaving a comment on any of our blogs, or emailing us for further details.
Thank you to these lovely sponsors for donating prizes!
|Make Modern Magazine|
|Sew Fresh Quilts|
|Meadow Mist Designs|
|Phat Quarters Fabric|
|Cooking Up Quilts|
|Needle & Foot Fine Fabrics|
|Canuck Quilter Designs|
|Clinton Modern Creative|
|The Red Hen Shop|
|Sew Sisters Quilt Shop|