1. I like that on July 13 I first noticed the sound of cicadas. I used to call them 'heat bugs' because it seemed it was super-hot when I'd hear them, and I had no idea what they were as they aren't in Alberta. It was around that time that I also heard the first crickets
2. I love the sound of Bobby Bazini's voice, that sexy, gravelly kind. He's easy on the eyes too, just sayin'... Two of my favourites are "Never Let Go," and "C'est La Vie". Check out the first one below; maybe it'll play while you continue reading? It's his live version; I love love love live music.
3. I love the Chrysler Canada Greenway and living on 42N, which is on parallel with Milan, Italy, and the northern border of California. This means we have the hottest summers in Canada, and we are the warmest city in Canada. I like the feel of heat, like the feel of hot tropical days, and sultry evenings. Of course when it's especially steamy, it's good to have AC!
4. I like walking by vineyards along the Greenway:
|Just beyond the green space strip, centre of photo. No clue to whom these belong; could be just a private vineyard.|
5. I like the wall of green in our yard against a clear blue sky.
|I also like that prism/rainbow that happened on the camera lens!|
6. I like this little fountain/bubbler that I bought several years ago with some money my mum gave us for our anniversary, think it was our 30th. It has a very gentle water sound, and well, the image says it all.
7. I like the sentiment of this card that is in a little holder for rotary cutters, scissors, pens etc on my cutting/pressing counter. My sister gave it to me. (I like the fabric beneath it too, used in the baby version of Plus Playtime.)
8. It never gets old...
9. Much to my husband's dismay, I take photos of food, be it something I've made, something I'm about to eat in a restaurant, or this month, something I've grown, or a farmer nearby has.
|Clockwise from top left: Tim Horton's Garden Veggie Sandwich, on a croissant; my own tomato; fruits and veggies all grown within Essex County, and a delicious blueberry scone made by yours truly, with almond milk.|
|This is a plate we shared. She showed me how to eat it, using the rolled up spongey flatbread as a scoop. I've since found Marathon Ethiopian Restaurant in Windsor! The same dish is on their menu too.|
10. I like red wine. I am lucky to live in a county where there are 18 wineries. Colio Winery is one of the oldest, and I like that I got two 1.5L bottles on sale!
A couple more than my usual ten this month:
11. I like seeing more Monarch butterflies around this year. Maybe it's with so many conscious of the need to plant milkweed? I was so amazed at how long this one posed for me, held still with her wings spread, and let me get so close to her!
|I'll admit I did zoom in a bit, but still, she stayed still for so long!|