My over-arching goals are Lifelong Learning and Balance. Doing well on the first one (despite a near-meltdown this afternoon on EQ8) and struggling a bit on the second.
My Main Quilting GoalsMaintain
1. Continue DrEAMi! Check!
2. Run another QAL or two: I did two, Postcards from Sweden with my friend Helen of Midget Gem Quilts, and Plus Playtime, which just ended.
3. Continue to offer free patterns and tutorials: I linked up a Postcards tips post with Yvonne and Cheryl's linky; I gave another kitty mat tutorial in January (see link under Tips and Tutorials); my Plus Playtime QAL was a free pattern in the Benartex ezine, Modern By The Yard; I hosted the second #30quiltdesignschallenge which ran over 70 days on Instagram.
4. Charity: I've made one lap quilt with the second one well underway for H2H, a doll quilt for A Doll Like Me, and four kitty mats so far for charity; made six blocks for the Humboldt Broncos quilts.
5. MbtY submissions: Plus Playtime was in the January edition with another project coming out in the upcoming issue!
6. Continue to participate in blog hops with Benartex: I did Wonderlust at the end of January.
1. I was a co-host for the New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop, quite the learning experience and some lovely new friendships made.
I also am now the host for Throwback Thursday!
2. No QAL with Tish plans as of yet.
3. Added a couple items to my shop; have two more quilts to upload, and I plan to list a beach glass dish or two.
4. No new patterns added to Craftsy but it's imminent!
5. Run the Spring/Q2 QAL: Check! That was Plus Playtime! Great success; check out all the beautiful quilts here. I know for a fact that two are hanging in the quilter's home! Wow, that's the best reward.😁
6. Submit designs to other magazines, done and done! One comes out next month, cannot WAIT!
1. Learn EQ7. Well I bought EQ8 and yes I am learning it (ask me about the past 6 hours today...on second thought maybe don't)
2. Branding: just have to send that email; talked briefly to the person about it
3. Pantograph: nope
4. Solids: yep! I can tell you pretty soon... Oh wait! I did another! Postcards from Sweden! Look at me.
Not on the list, but I am participating or have participated in several QALs, always a learning and enriching experience!
I'm on track for them all, except for not enough knitting. I religiously read each night before turning out the light, even if it's only ten minutes. I'm happy to report that I've read 13 books, so 25 for the year should be easily doable. I just, as of a week ago, finished re-reading the massive and wonderful Voyageur by Diana Gabaldon, and finished watching Season 3. I like to re-read as I watch, so I can EITHER be wowed - Season 1 - by how true they were to the book, except for the scene right before Jamie sends Claire back through the stones-MAN! that ticked me off big time, and it did the author herself, as I read her comments on it on her blog, OR be ticked if they veer way off, cue Season 3, some things were like um WHY???)
I can see that I need to devote a little more time to pattern-writing, as well as to branding, so that my patterns will look professional.
Also not on the list is expanding my creativity, which I did first of all through hosting the quilt designs challenge but along with that is sewing a project for the challenge each month set out by Island Batik. It has pushed me to design my own original quilts, to bounce off someone else's design, and to try new techniques. Here is a collage of the Island Batik projects I've made so far this year:
Sew Fresh Quilts