1. I love Spring blossoms. I've been taking photos of the flowering bushes and trees over the past few weeks. They provide so much colour inspiration. Many of these are now done, but others are taking their place!
|Our flowering crabapple was glorious this year, thanks to the tons of rain and pruning it got last Fall. It's taller than our garage! This was taken May 25.|
2. I like living in an older neighbourhood with well-established humongous trees. Here in southern Ontario we are in the Carolinian forest, and therefore we have a massive variety of trees.
|A Dogwood and an Eastern Redbud|
3. I had a closeup of this incredible deep purple lilac in My Mother's Lilacs quilt post which is here. This photo shows the white ones beside these, which just set them off even more beautifully. And oh, that green!
The same neighbour has the most beautiful, huge Eastern Redbud I've seen, in front of which is this wine-coloured Japanese maple (I believe).
4. I like that I'm still folding and storing my clothes the Marie Kondo way. I enjoy doing this too. Gosh, upon proof-reading this post, I realized just how close the colours in the centre Mother's Choice block of my quilt, below, are to those in the photo above!
|Clockwise from top left are two stacks of t-shirts, then pjs, and finally socks, simply folded in half and then, like the t-shirts, stood on end in my drawer.|
6. I love the sudden inspiration that struck for the quilt back of my latest finish. Once the sun popped out, of course the day after I'd posted, I took these two photos. The post is here.
|I 'folded' two of the missing outer mustard-colour star points to the back of the quilt! I like how closely I managed to line them up on the longarm too.|
7. I really like the Sweet Star quilt QAL by Jessica Dayon squirrel that I chased. Here are blocks 9-12:
I like the fabric, Blueberry Park by Robert Kaufman, but I haven't been a fan of how it feels when pressing, kind of a rubbery feel. That white is stamped on, not woven in. Yet it's soft, so I hope it will end up being okay. I also like that I have all 16 blocks done, and I hope to assemble them by the end of the month. This week is doing just that, and putting on the two outer borders, but I doubt I'll have it done by tomorrow!
8. I like spinning seams:
9. I love this lemon. LeeAnna gave me this tip when we were chatting over email about young male pups and their mouthing, nipping and jumping up, not cool. "A drop in the mouth is all it takes, 2-3 times and he should stop," she said.
10. I just love this clematis, Nelly Moser, I believe.
11. I really like the show, Schitt's Creek on CBC, but right now I'm watching it on Netflix. It's won awards, and I can see why. I'm half way through Season 2.
12. I love our rhododendron! I took these this morning, June 6.
I am in love with the two dormers on our house! They are working on replacing the back roof now as it all had to be done since it wasn't up to code.