Brianne and Brady were coming to visit at the end of June so I figured I had better get her two placemats done! I made them the same as the first ones, pattern-wise, but I quilted them slightly differently.
I did double rows of straight-line quilting. There is 1/4" between the double line, and 1/2" between sets. I quilted them on my Bernina.
I'd bought these grey pieces with embossed butterflies and another with polka-dots with no real purpose a while back. They worked out perfectly for the first two placemats, and I had enough to back these next two, one of each print again, like the first two.
Here are the backs:
When I was looking for the grey backing, I came across this 'vintage' woven that I thought would make terrific napkins. I asked Brianne if she would be interested in a set of four, and she said yes! I'm glad she's becoming so environmentally conscious.
I've been making a point to only use cloth napkins, and it feels GOOD. Brady also made a request: a case for his chopsticks and so I made him one with a Star Wars scrap from his I Spy quilt. He loved it. I forgot to take a picture. One thing I didn't get done, well two, before they left, was a straw case for Brianne's metal straw she uses for her Starbucks drinks, and Brady's football quilt, but I did get two test blocks done, and they are great! It's a great pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew. You can see them in my previous post.
Pattern: original design
Size: 12 X 18"
Fabric: Kona cotton: Coal, Pool and Silver
Backing:embossed greys from stash from JoAnn's
Batting: Hobbs Thermore scraps
Threads: pieced on my Bernina with Mettler 50 wt cotton; quilted with Aurifil 2600
Elm Street Quilts
Cooking Up Quilts
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
TGIFF at Alycia Quilts