Here is my list of likes/loves for the month of June. Each week, or each month for me, a group of us post about things that we like, and link up at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color.
1. I love that Bella is not spending so much time in the basement, avoiding Rufus. He is spending a lot of time on the deck, and when he's in the house, he's blocked off so he cannot chase her (or do worse, is my fear). After one scary incident where he was extremely strongly corrected by my husband, he seems to have realized she is off limits, but we still don't trust him as he has a high prey drive. Still, Bella has stared him down, barricade between them, and just once to my near heart attack, she'd somehow got in the same space as him, and I found them mere feet apart staring at each other, motionless. She's actually enjoyed a couple of afternoon naps on our bed again.
2. I love the Beauty Bush, and I have two between us and our neighbours', this one I could see (it's done now) outside our bedroom window. The lilacs finish, and this, as well as a mock orange (heavenly!) begin, so the timing is well-planned.
|A closer look|
5. I like points, and with one Visa I had enough to get an Amazon gift card, so I treated myself to these three books. All look to be pretty good purchases. Of course you can't go wrong with Christina Cameli; she's right up there with Angela IMHO.
6a. I love being a nana to this wonderful boy (who is nearly as tall me!). He was here just for five days, and although it was brief, it was pretty fabulous, despite the turmoil in our house with the renovations. He loved sleeping upstairs, wait, make that camping out upstairs with Grandpa! We went to the Detroit/Windsor fireworks that celebrate both countries' national days of celebration, ours July 1, and theirs July 4.
|Detroit on the left, or north, and Windsor on the right, or south (yep, check a map)... Yep, the Detroit River is a lovely shade of green.|
7. You might have seen a post of Brady on Instagram at my favourite beach, Seacliff, where we skipped rocks. We went back on another day, and I found my first Lucky Stone of the season.
8. I love orioles. I have seen a lot more this year. I'd love to know what tree this is. It is so pretty!
9. You know by now how much I love Lake Erie, and that I am so grateful that I live within a 2-minute walk to her shore.
10. I like these football blocks!
This is the start of a bed-sized quilt for Brady, who requested one a year ago. Ahem. It's on my Q2FAL list so I best get crack-a-lackin'. A like inside a like is I like my new bright pink pedicure!
11. I like that the builder, Dan, is gone today. Ahhhh. We have spent more than half the day cleaning and straightening, and trying to regain a bit of the old normal. There's a ways to go yet, with gutters etc., electrician, insulation, and then MacGyver can start drywalling, but I like that we can turn on the AC now (we need it, phew!) because it is all closed in. We are not huge fans of air conditioning, but when you are dripping in sweat, and a cool temperature inside of 26C (78F) feels like a meatlocker compared to outside where, at 31 (88), with the humidity we are feeling like 34 (93), then I am glad for a very good air conditioner!
All roofed! All sided! More in another post as to the side and back views and inside views of the new sewing room!