1. Nana mug
I posted this on Instagram and there is so much within this single photo for which I'm grateful.
- my cat, Bella
- the wicker table she is on, shelf that she loves to perch on (usually when it's inside) and grateful that I can buy white paint to turn it back to the white it originally was.
- the Mandevilla vine that has been through so much since last summer, and is doing quite well, despite Rufus pruning it, and even Bella attempting to that morning get a hold of a branch
- that mug. Grateful that I am a nana, grateful that I have two daughters who think of me that one, Brianne would buy me this mug and send it to me in the mail for Mother's Day. It arrived, broken. I was very sad as it is such an à propos phrase to me. About a month and a half later, Dayna showed up with a mug, "I know you said you don't want or need any more mugs, but you're getting this one because it's so perfect." And there was the exact mug that Brianne had sent me! Neither knew of the mug history. Isn't that perfect?
- My beautiful deck, private yard, early morning sunshine, peace, birds twittering, and the first cicada of the season I heard that special morning.
2. I love this back yard quilt that Brenda of Quilt Designs in the Yard sent me when she asked to sponsor my 30 Quilt Designs Challenge. As soon as my husband saw it, he said, "I can incorporate that into our gate! He's built our front fence to coordinate with the deck railing he designed and made, (and is remodelling it slightly, as one does with quilt patterns...). I love what he did!
3. Renovations are a trial. Ours is going to be a long road, but I know the end will be worth it. We had to move out of the room we were using for the previous couple of years in this little house, and go into the guest room. I love this room. I love the vibe in it, the coziness of it (it's even smaller than the other one we were in, like no room for our chest of drawers ha), and the look of it in July. I have my July quilt, Seaside Rose, on the bed with her matching shams, and we have two windows, a north-facing and an east-facing one. I just love an east-facing bedroom as I love to have the sun wake me up.
|I love having a cat on the bed for her morning nap, too.|
Henry Glass Challenge in June 2016.
5. I like these two January Tiny Tuesday blocks, one of which, the 3D bowtie, uses a red from that Henry Glass Challenge! Okay that link between likes 4 and 5 was not planned but it sure is cool!
6. I like the first two pink blocks for July.
7. I like this Thank You card I received this month.
8. I like nesting seams; all these matchy-matchy points! I also love this YLI variegated plum/navy thread, and the mint Aurifil one isn't half bad either.
|I love this fabric too, and yes I FMQ-ed the sign for 'om'...more on this in my August 7 post.|
|Sitting on an à propos piece of Island Batik fabric, nest-ce pas?!|
10. Last but definitely not least, I love my new grand-dog. She is the sweetest little girl pibble I know. (I also happen to know the sweetest little boy pibble there ever was...)
If you'd like to join in, please do. You can write a weekly post or whenever you feel the urge, and link it up with LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color with others who practise being grateful.🙏