So I've cut and sewed my heart out today (hmmm), working on one of the Q2FAL goals, a quilt for a child who's been sexually assaulted. My hope is that a quilt can bring comfort in some way to an innocent victim. Who will speak up for innocents who are abused, beaten, killed (civilians), tortured (prisoners), if we capture, imprison, or worse, murder those brave people who do speak up?
I realize, as so many of us do, that quilts help to heal not only the person I am sewing for, but also my heart, to some degree. I think it is important that I mark this day, and each time when I link back to this post when I finish a project on my list, I will remember.
In some way the first quarter went slowly; in others it went zooming on by. How did I do as far as completing projects on the Q1 List?
Of my list of nine items, I finished six. That's decent. One item, the log cabin quilt, is remaining a flimsy and as part of my H2H contributions, it is being sent to Victoria's Quilts Canada, an organization who makes quilts for those living with cancer in Canada. They specifically want flimsies, 50X70" and this one is pretty much that measurement.
So here's the list to finish by the end of June:
1. Migrating Geese
I know what I want to quilt; I LOVE this quilt, so why does it keep getting pushed to the back burner? Same snowy pic from last December 2017 when I finished it:
2. Finish this cushion cover, which was also on my Q1 list, and which I did not finish, but I came close! I actually had it quilted and made a valiant effort to get it checked off, but it didn't happen. It just needs a backing, and then binding.
3. This comfort quilt, which is going to the Windsor Sexual Assault Centre:
Rockin' Rectangles tutorials, 'Place Your Bet'.
4. This is a second quilt for the assault centre, again for a child.
5. Using some of the scraps above, the animal ones, I plan to make two cat mats again this year for either the Cat Cafe I gave to last year or another cat shelter.
6. This originally DrEAMi! (Drop Everything And Make it!) project, that got set aside:
7. A new quilt for Brady. I'm using the Cluck Cluck Sew football quilt pattern I purchased um, a
Not totally committed to all of these fabrics, but I'm sewing from stash, with a purchased Minky backing (see below). Isn't it perfect? It's the bottom one (like I needed to clarify)...
January 2015? Truth tea: two projects remain incomplete off that list...
8. This April challenge project for Island Batik, using the AccuQuilt Go! Cube dies. I am making a design of my own again (aiming to make my own every single month this year). It's one of the 30 Quilt Designs Challenge I'm hosting again this year.
9. For May, we are to 'make it modern', so again, I'm not positive, but hope to use this collection which I just love, Twilight Chic:
10. And in June we are to try a new technique, so I'm either going to use this group of purples with a black background:
Interesting! Nine (nope, ten, because I remembered the cat mats) projects again on the list. As always, I am sure there will be a couple rogue projects, either those DrEAMi! ones, or magazine or blog hop ones. I had two magazine ones (foof!) that I will be able to tell you about in Q2 some time, and a couple DrEAMis in there.
11. Thank you Roseanne!! Beothuk Star (duh!!) is also on the list to be finished for June 15 which is the parade of quilts! Here is my second version I'm making during the QAL:
For the pattern, simply click the Beothuk Star QAL button on my sidebar. I cannot wait to cut into these beauties, which are all available from Needle & Foot Fine Fabrics.