So here we go! If anyone would like to join in, feel free! I don't have a sponsor (yet...but you never know) but I do have a couple of prizes for certain milestones, for example, 10th design. I've been saving selvages for a while now since I saw some people like to make things with them! So this is one prize:
Of course, the best prize is the designs that are yours and yours alone, and that you've challenged yourself, and realized growth. 💖
Here's what I envision:
- Design a quilt block or an entire quilt. If you draw a quilt block, maybe put a few together to see what an overall pattern might look like. Add some colour. Just as Rachel said in her challenge, you can use non-original blocks, but re-invent them by changing up colour or value, or put two non-original different ones together and see what magic can occur!
- You may submit hand-drawn designs or digital designs. Personally I find there is something relaxing and Zen-like in getting out the old Crayola pencil crayons and notebook...
- No construction directions needed.
- The goal is to create 30 quilt designs by March 15.
- Take a photo of your design, number it, and post it on Instagram using the following hashtag:
- Please tag each photo @mmmquilts and @sunlightinwinterquilts so we can see your designs!
- Be sure to number each design.
- To be eligible for prizes, be sure to follow both @mmmquilts and @sunlightinwinterquilts
When: Today, January 2 - March 15, 2017
Why: Because...as Henri Matisse said, "Creativity takes courage." And, as Helen Keller said, "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all."
Here is my Design #1
Linking up with
Cooking Up Quilts
Note: If you have any questions, or I've not thought of something, don't hesitate to shoot me an email, (click View my Complete Profile or use: ephdra at gmail dot com) or ask in the comments below. Be sure to leave your email address if you are a no-reply so I can respond!