DrEAMi Moments have happened to the best of us. I'm not talking that time in English class when you totally embarrassed yourself because you drifted off to Alpha-getti 9 because your were imagining some alone time with the boy upon whom you had an insane crush, and you totally missed the teacher's question, all heads turned and eyes bored into you, no. I'm talking about
Whether the fabric you ordered (or won) arrived and spoke to you,
or a technique or effect in a quilt intrigued you to the point that you had to try it,
|Rows in my second project for the RSC2016 - a quilt in Kim Schaefer's Cozy Modern Quilts made solely of rectangles, fascinated me|
|First 12 blocks in 150 Canadian Women quilt along project|
|The quilt on the left I saw on Pieced Brain; the one on the right on Fat Quarter Shop's Jolly Jabber |
both of which were donated to charity in Hands2Help last year
Craftsy shop is a result of a DrEAMi! moment!
So just what am I proposing for this party? It's pretty simple: on the last Saturday of every month, I will host a DrEAMi! linky where you can link up a post about your own DrEAMi! moment for the month. Wait, this seems like an encouragement to be sidetracked...😬 Well not exactly...but I do know that not being too regimented and allowing a little whimsy into your life can often lead to some amazing learning and growth. Plans are good, but they need to be somewhat fluid.
What counts as a DrEAMi! ?
- Maybe it's a cool new-to-you technique for a quilt block that you made.
- Maybe it's an entire quilt top.
- A goal, whether monthly or quarterly, would not count. A DrEAMi is a diversion, unplanned.
- Nope! Unless you count discovering other squirrels or DrEAMi! possibilities!
- That said, I may or may not have a few fat eighths left of the Henry Glass fabric I won for those who do link up for this first party...
- Tell us where you discovered your DrEAMi! because you never know, it may attract someone else; tell us why it snagged your attention so intensely; tell us if you learned something new, or grew as a quilter in some way; tell us where or for whom the DrEAMi is destined; tell us anything else about it that you'd like.
- Anytime during the course of the month! So the January DrEAMi! linky will be for any DrEAMi moments that occurred in January 2017.
|It arose because of the Wild Card Surprise from Molli Sparkles' Honey Pot Bee|
Did I learn anything making these blocks? Well, one, I am less hesitant to slash fabric that I didn't pay for, ha, and two, a panel can be used in ways other than the shapes on the panel. By this I mean that there is a 6 stockings rectangle on the top and bottom of the huge Santa in the panel, and rather than keep it a rectangle, I cut the 6 stockings into an 8.5" square, which meant only four of the stockings would be in a block. Using that part of the panel did help to add a little variety to the quilt.
I take no responsibility for missed deadlines by hosting this party! 😉 The first one will take place Saturday, January 28. Hope to see you there! I wish you at least one DrEAMi! moment this month!
Linking up with
Cooking Up Quilts